Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My life In seoul


My Life in Seoul

I come from Bihar (India), the land of Buddha and land of three religions namely Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism. The bank of great Ganga River was the playing ground for my child hood and Jawaharlal Nehru University is my alma mater. I am very luck for my education; I experienced every kind of schooling in India form small village to capital city (Delhi). I come from political family where my mother and elder brother is politician. Personal I don’t want to join the politics.
I went to New Delhi form my home town and that time I don’t know much about Korea. That time I never aspect that Korea will be one of the important part of my life.
I got Korean Government Scholarship in 2008 and came to Korea. I studied 1 year Korean language in Yonsei University and join the Kookmin University for my PhD course. I am majoring in International Relation and I love this subject. This subject helps me to understand the world politics and how International relations work.
Its almost 3 year stay in Korea and I learn lots of things about Korea and Korean culture. I travel lots of Korean provinces like Gyeonggi, Gang wonand Youngnan. The Jeju and Dokdo Islands was most attractive travel for me. Especially Dokdo and Ullungdo Island is beautiful and glorious. There was high tide during my Dokdo Island visit and creates lots of burden among all foreign friends. I went almost 4 times to 38 parallel lines and it’s reminded me the division of India and Pakistan. We are same people but political boundary separates us. South Korean and North Korean are same people but divided in to two parts and its one kind of failure of Korean nationalism. 38th parallel line is the world’s huge military concentration and still reminds the Cold War era in Korean Peninsula.
I have very good experiences of working, training and global camps in Korea. I did 6th Seoul Global Internship in 2011 and learn lots of working culture in Korea. The Korean working culture is very hard and long hours but same time I learn a lots. In Korean working culture is based on hierarchy and some time is very dangerous. It has both side negative as well as positive sides. I have seen some time boss scolding their juniors. One day my Korean colleague fell down in subway because of stress and it’s so bad. Because of globalization it’s getting very normal in many countries including my country.
Last year I joined the Saemaul Undong training which holds training session for foreign students every years. It was a great opportunity for me to learn about the community development methods that had been applied in Korea, specifically about the Saemaul Undong movement which was the driving force of Korea's rapid economic development. The most important thing I learn this training was how Korean people developed their society without government adds and subsidies.
Currently I am working for Seoul International student forum 2011 under Seoul Global centre and with 84 members from 32 different countries. This program started in 2008 and its main objective to make Seoul a foreigner friendly city and support and enhance the living condition of international as well as domestic people.
Living in Korea gives me new dimension of thinking process and this city teach me how to live global world. I am always happy to meet new friends because it boost my knowledge about others culture. Seoul is true cosmopolitan city of world where one shares one idea and experience to each others.

No comments:

Post a Comment